Purpose: The purpose of the Structure Chart is to show the physical design of a program. A subroutine or a module.
Core concerns: The Structure Chart template enables you to model Modules and Data Stores. These elements can then be linked by Module Parameters and Connections. The Structure Chart is built as a hierarchy of modules calling each other. The connections are Parameters that are transferred through these calls.
Below, you can see an example of a Structure Chart, where the data flows are illustrated by arrows:
Relation to other templates: The Structure Chart is part of the information domain. As such it is related to, for example, the Data Flow Diagram, Communication Diagram, Data Mapping Diagram, Data Model Diagram, and the Relational Diagram.
Properties and metadata: The Structure Chart template can for example retain the following information:
- A description of the diagram
- Link to the owner of the Chart
- Link to the one responsible for the Chart
- Audits (auto generated information regarding its current state and access rights)
- Associated documents, diagrams and other objects
- Inherent Risk detailing risk considerations
- Governance information detailing information about the published diagram and who has been involved in the approval of the Chart
The above picture shows the properties dialogue window for the Structure Chart template, where you can view and edit the Chart’s properties in QualiWare Lifecycle Manager.