Purpose: The purpose of the Account Context Diagram is to enable financial risk management by illustrating which processes create transactions on a given account, and which risks are related to this transaction.
Core concerns: The Account Context Diagram enables you to model Accounts, Business Processes and link them with influences.
Below, you can see an example of an Account Context Diagram for the account ‘Other Payables’:
The risks are linked to the influencers and shown on the diagram. For example, in the above diagram, both risks are: ‘Goods received not invoiced, not recognized as a liability at period end’.
It is possible to link multiple risks to each influence. In the following diagram, you can see a similar Account Context Diagram, where several risks are connected to a single influence:
Relation to other templates: The Account Context diagram is for financial risk management. It is related to the Control Coverage Map and the Heat Map templates, which can be generated based on the information in the Account Context Diagram.
Properties and metadata: The Account Context Diagram can for example retain the following information:
- A description of the diagram
- Link to the owner of the diagram
- Link to the one responsible for the diagram
- Link to the Account shown in the diagram
- Audits (auto generated information regarding its current state and access rights)
- Associated documents, diagrams and other objects
- Inherent Risk detailing risk considerations
- Governance information detailing information about the published diagram and who has been involved in the approval of the diagram
The above picture shows the properties dialogue window for the Account Context Diagram where you can view and edit the diagram’s properties in QualiWare Lifecycle Manager.