Ottawa, February 6-10, 2017
CloseReach and QualiWare invite you to join us for the 3rd annual QualiWare + EA Professional Development Days. An event to promote networking, learning and collaboration for Architects and QualiWare enthusiasts, novices and experts alike.
Meet other QualiWare users, Business and Enterprise Architects, Project Managers, Analysts, BPM Specialists and Quality Managers. Share architecture and QualiWare experiences. Learn from customer case studies. Take part in interactive ideas exchanges. Influence product development.
Building on the success of 2016, we will be expanding your opportunities for learning and knowledge sharing. Join us for this excellent professional development opportunity:
Speakers Day (Monday) – the best place to hear about the latest developments in enterprise architecture and business transformation in Canada and globally. Speakers Day early bird pricing is in effect: $250 per person, 5-pack: $1,125.00, 10-pack: $2,125.00. HST extra. Includes a great day of speakers as well as breakfast and lunch.
- Kuno Brodersen – EA and Digital Transformation Strategies
- A leader in the business modeling and enterprise architecture field for more than 30 years.
- CEO and Co- Founder of QualiWare ApS. QualiWare provides comprehensive modeling tools and consulting services that focus on enhancing business efficiency, effectiveness, productivity, competitive positioning, and organizational profitability. QualiWare’s products and services help the customer succeed with Quality Management, Process Management and Optimization initiatives, Business Excellence programs, Enterprise Architecture initiatives, and/or IT solution development needs.
- Roger Burlton – A Journey from Business Architecture to a Digital Process? A Case Study in Government Transformation
- Respected pioneer in the introduction of innovative approaches for Business Architecture and Process Management
- A leader in the field of Business Process Management, having authored one of the most
read and followed books on the topic early in BPM’s growth.
- Chair of the BPTrends.com Advisory Board
- Stephen Challinor – Enterprise Architecture as a Business Enabler
- Director Enterprise Architecture, Department of National Defence
- Co-Chair Government of Canada EA Working Group
- 27-year career as a public servant with a broad background in complex project and procurement management, weapon systems and equipment management, business and financial management, IM/IT systems and Alternate Service Delivery (ASD) initiatives.
- Skip Lumley – Developing and Implementing a Pan-Canadian Standard for Public Sector Business Architecture
- Co-founded and managed the consulting firm Chartwell IRM Inc. from 1984 until its acquisition in 2010 by KPMG Canada.
- Leader in the development and support of government reference models: the Municipal Reference Model (MRM), the Public Service Reference Model (Province of Ontario) and the Governments of Canada Strategic Reference Model (GSRM).
- Currently serving as an independent advisor to public and civic sector organizations on the use of reference models for program review, policy development, strategic planning and change management.
- Stephen White – Digitalizing Your Business Processes
- Business Process Management Institute (BPMI) Board of Directors
- Former Chair of BPMI Notation Working Group and author/editor of Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN) 1.0 & 2.0 Technical Specification
- Chair of OMG Revision Task Force and Co-Chair of OMG FTF for BPMN 2.0
- Contributor to OMG CMMN 1.0 specification
- Co-Authored Book “BPMN modeling and reference guide”
Tool-Day (Tuesday) – How-To Seminars/Workshops: Business Modelling (BPMN, Capability Modelling, Requirements & Traceability); Collaboration using QualiWare Web Publishing; Change & Problem Management using QualiWare Governance Workflow Engine; Modelling Revision Management, Back-up and Recovery Strategies.
Tuesday seminars/workshops are offered at the nominal (full day) cost of $20.00 + HST per person with 100% of proceeds being donated to the Royal Ottawa PTSD Clinic.
Business Architecture Training (Tuesday-Friday) – “Made in Canada” Business Architecture training & certification with Roger Burlton.
QualiWare Training (Wednesday-Friday) – take full advantage of QualiWare’s EA software
- QualiWare Data Visualization
- QualiWare Command Language (QCL) Basic.
For more information or advance seating reservations for Speakers Day and all of the week’s events, contact Susan Wolfenden; email@example.com, 613-825-1769. Space is limited – call now!
Please feel free to share this invitation with colleagues.
Help us make this event the place to be in Canada for all things architecture related!
We have four keynotes:
- The future of managed business transformation by Kuno Brodersen
- The Fourth Industrial Revolution: How “Industry 4.0” becomes Smart Production by Professor Charles Møller
- Expanding Enterprise Architecture to Enable Business Transformation by Louise Harris
- Integrated EA as a steering instrument by Dr. Achim Kamelger, OMV
We also have a wide range of sessions and workshops, and several customer cases including Maersk Oil, SOS, OMV, SDC, ATP, and Apply Sørco. See the full program here.
Seats are still available, and you can register here.
Farum, March 2014
For many enterprises operating in a dynamic market, it is a challenge to keep employees up to date on the latest research, the latest technology and the latest trends and hype. The enterprise’s agility, innovation and growth is at risk, and for the individual, the competition from colleagues, outsourcing agents and offshoring options are felt every day at work and raises questions like: “What if my knowledge and skills gets outdated?”, “Where should I focus my interests?” and “What kind of training do I need to stay a valuable resource for my employer?”. To react to those challenges companies will need to continuously monitor sources of insights and trends to maintain a knowledgeable and agile workforce; a program for self-studies, formal training, certification and assessment must be introduced enterprise-wide; and a culture of knowledge sharing at all levels and collaboration in problem solving must be established and maintained continuously.
That is why QualiWare has established the new QualiWare Center of Excellence.
QualiWare Center of Excellence allows customers, partners, consultants, researches and students to share knowledge and experiences on topics ranging from advanced academic research to practical user guides for tools and methodologies.
QualiWare Center of Excellence is responsible for researching, producing, assembling, compiling and editing knowledge products such as documents, videos, sample models etc. that will allow QualiWare customers to learn about relevant topics captured in research documents, books, academic courses, international and industry standards, and from evangelists and consultants.
The center will make knowledge available via a member website, as speakers at conferences or customer specific events, as contributors to public sites, communities and blogs and as face-to-face inspirational work sessions. QualiWare Center of Excellence will offer formal certification programs from famous universities, established and recognized organizations and from accredited partners.
QualiWare Center of Excellence is led by Dr. John Gøtze, the author of many books and other writings, and widely recognized as an international expert in enterprise architecture. He runs the Carnegie Mellon University Enterprise Architecture Certification Program in Europe. He teaches EA at the IT University of Copenhagen and Copenhagen Business School. He co-founded the Association of Enterprise Architects and was its International President from 2007-2010, and Chief Editor of the association’s Journal of Enterprise Architecture from 2010-2013. John holds a MSc in systems engineering and a PhD in urban planning, both from the Technical University of Denmark.