The Purpose of the Control Deficiency template is to register a shortcoming of a Control Activity.
The Control Deficiency is used for managing Risk. It can be described with:
- Date of observation
- Type of deficiency
- Design (if the control is not designed properly)
- Operating (if the control is designed properly, but not performed correctly)
- Significance (High, medium or low)
- Observation – description of the deficiency in further detail and/or link to relevant documentation.
- Link to related process
- Link to the Control Activity it concerns.
- Description of any immediate actions taken
- Link to the person who registered the Control Deficiency
- Link to other Control Deficiency if it is not the first time it occurs.
- Description of presumed cause of the deficiency
- Description of the presumed consequence of the deficiency
- Recommended actions and their estimated cost and resource requirement
The Recommended action can also be registered in the form of a Corrective Action.