Purpose: The purpose of the Business Context template is to reveal what value your enterprise offers, and how your business activities contribute to its success.
Core concerns: The Business Context template enables you to model Value Propositions, Business Activities and Business Values. These elements can be related through Connections, Associations, Aggregations and Flows.
The Business Context template is about market offerings and profitability. Working closely with business stakeholders, it allows expressing in business terms the objectives behind a initiative.
Below, you can see an example of a Business Context diagram for a rental car service showing the overall Value Proposition, its Business Values broken down as well as which Business Activities deliver the Business Values:
Relation to other templates: The Architecture Overview is part of the Enterprise Design framework and is as such related to the templates: Actor Map, Brand Overview, Business Context, Business Ecosystem, Communication and Customer Journey Map.
Properties and metadata: The Business Context template can for example retain the following information:
- A description of the diagram
- Audits (auto generated information regarding its current state and access rights)
- Associated documents, diagrams and other objects
- Inherent Risk detailing risk considerations
- Governance information detailing information about the published diagram and who has been involved in the approval of the diagram.
The above picture shows the properties dialogue window for the Business Context template where you can view and edit the diagram’s properties in QualiWare Lifecycle Manager.