1.2 System Scope with Regard to Activities
The HRMS Payroll (PR) system is responsible for producing employee payroll checks, maintaining employee payroll information and reporting/distribution of taxes, earnings and deductions. All human resource and training information is maintained by separate information systems that are all a part of the PeopleSoft HCM suite. Multiple HRMS information systems share a common infrastructure and set of tools but they are managed and supported separately. The boundary for HRMS PR is centered around the subject matter being processed and business processes being supported.
1.3 Exchanges with External Actors
The following are the external actors interfacing with HRMS PR:
- Employee – Tax withholding, Direct Deposit, Bond and Deduction information is passed to HRMS PR.
- “HR Tier 2 Systems” includes Stock Options, WHQ, Cash Awards – Earnings and tax information is passed to HRMS PR; Tax information is passed back.
- “Deduction Providers” – Deduction information is passed to HRMS PR; Deduction Reports are passed back to Deduction Providers.
- LOA Vendor (Aetna) – 3rd Party Sick Payment information is passed to HRMS PR; Short Term Disability (STD) requests are passed back.
- Relocation Reimbursements – Earnings information is passed to HRMS PR; Payroll results are passed back.
- Financial Institutions (e.g. Chase, Bank of America, Equiserve) – ACH Issues (deposits/checks/pre-notes) and payment information are passed to Financial Institutions; Rejects, such as unaccepted pre-notes and deposits, are passed back to HRMS PR.
- Other HRMS Systems – Job, employee and control information is passed to HRMS PR; Payroll results are passed back.
- Benefit Vendors – Contribution, deduction and earnings information is passed to HRMS PR; Payroll results and Financial Security Plan (FSP) Requests are sent to Benefit Vendors.
- US Department of the Treasury– Bond Purchase information is passed to the US Department of the Treasury; Bond processing information is passed back to HRMS PR.
- Cash Disbursements – Accounting, check/advice, 3rd Party Payment, and Deduction information is passed to Cash Disbursements.
- Employee Portal – Request for payroll earnings are passed to HRMS PR; Paystub and Personal Time Off (PTO) information is passed to TotalAccess.
- Judicial Services – Legal Orders are passed to HRMS PR; Answer letters are sent back to Judicial Services.
- “Learning Programs” includes Quality Through Training Programs (QTTP) and Learning Together – Earnings and deduction information is passed to HRMS PR.
- Taxing Agencies (Federal, State, and Local Governments) – Withholding Status information is passed to HRMS PR; Unemployment Compensation reporting is passed back.
- “Timekeeping Systems” – Work Schedule, time and labor, check location and route guide information is passed to HRMS PR; Earnings and PTO Balance information is passed back to Timekeeping Systems.