Ultimately, the Collaborative Planning Methodology helps planners work with sponsors and stakeholders to clearly articulate a roadmap that defines needs, what will be done to address those needs, when actions will be taken, how much it will cost, what benefits will be achieved, when those benefits will be achieved, and how those benefits will be measured.
CPM is a comprehensive set of guidelines for planning and enterprise roadmapping.
The CPM Output Map gives an overview of the outputs produced with the methodology. The activities related to each step are listed below.
Organize and Plan
Identify and Validate
- Engage Sponsor and Assess Stakeholder Needs
- Analyze and Validate Needs
- Formulate case to address the needs
- Identify and Engage Governance
Research and Leverage
- Identify Organizations and Service Providers to Engage
- Analyze Opportunities to Leverage
- Determine Whether to Leverage
Define and Plan
- Formalize Collaborative Planning Team and Launch Planning
- Refine the vision for performance and outcomes
- Analyze the Current State, Determine Adjustments, and Plan the Target State
- Formulate the Integrated Plan and Roadmap
- Initiate Execution Governance